Assistant Research Personnel (Ciesla Lab)
- (205) 348-7599
- 2320 Science and Engineering Complex (SEC)
- U. Maitra, M.N.Scaglione, S. Chtarbanova, and J.M.O’Donnell. ” Innate immune responses to paraquat exposure in a Drosophila model of Parkinson’s disease.” Scientific Reports 9, Article number: 12714 (2019).
- U. Maitra, and L. Ciesla “Using Drosophila as a platform for drug discovery from natural products in Parkinson’s disease.” Med. Chem. Commun., 2019,10, 867-879.
- S. Geng,* K. Chen,* R. Yuan,* L. Peng,*U. Maitra, N. Diao, C. Chen, Y. Zhang, Y. Hu, C. Qi, S. Pierce, W. Ling, H. Xiong, and L. Li “The persistence of low-grade inflammatory monocytes contributes to aggravated atherosclerosis.” Nat Commun. 7, 2016, pp.13436.
- B. Baker*, U. Maitra*, S. Geng, L. Li “Molecular and cellular mechanisms responsible for cellular stress and low grade inflammation induced by super low dose endotoxin.” J Biol Chem. 289(23), 2014, pp.16262-9. *equal contribution.
- H. Deng, U. Maitra, M. Morris, L. Li “Molecular mechanism responsible for the priming of macrophage activation.” J Biol Chem. 288(6), 2013, pp.3897-906.
- T. Glaros1, S. Chang1, E. Gilliam, U. Maitra, H. Deng, and L. Li “Causes and Consequences of Low Grade Endotoxemia and inflammatory diseases.” Front Biosci (Schol Ed). 5, 2013, pp.754-65.
- U. Maitra, L. Li “Molecular Mechanisms Responsible for the Reduced Expression of Cholesterol Transporters from Macrophages by Low-Dose Endotoxin.” Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 33(1), 2013, pp. 24-33.
- U.Maitra, S. Davis, C.M. Reilly, and L.Li “Differential regulation of Foxp3 and IL-17 expression in CD4 T helper cells by IRAK-1.” J Immunol.182(9): 2009, pp.5763-9.
- U. Maitra, H. Deng, T. Glaros, B. Baker, D. Capelluto, Z. Li, L. Li “Molecular Mechanisms Responsible for the Selective and Low-grade Induction of Pro-inflammatory Mediators by Lipopolysaccharide.”Journal of Immunology 189(2), 2012, pp.1014-23.
- U. Maitra, L. Gan, S. Chang, L. Li “Low dose endotoxin induces inflammation by selectively removing nuclear receptors and activating C/EBP delta.” Journal of Immunology. 186, 2011, pp.447-4473.
- U. Maitra, S Chang, N Singh, L Li. “Molecular Mechanism Underlying the Suppression of Lipid Oxidation during Endotoxemia.” Molecular Immunology, 47(2-3), 2009, pp. 420-5.
- U. Maitra, N. Singh , L Gan, L Ringwood, L Li. “IRAK-1 contributes to LPS-induced ROS generation in macrophages by inducing NOX-1 transcription, Rac1 activation, and suppressing the expression of anti-oxidative enzymes.” Journal of Biological Chemistry, 284(51), 2009, pp. 35403-11.
- U. Maitra, J. Parks, L Li. “Innate Immunity Signaling Process Suppresses Macrophage ABCA1 Expression through IRAK-1 mediated down-regulation of RAR and NFATc2 .” Molecular and Cellular Biology,29(22), 2009, pp. 5989-97.
- U. Maitra, J. Seo, M. Lozano, and J. P. Dudley, “Differentiation-induced cleavage of Cutl1/CDP generates a novel dominant-negative isoform that regulates mammary gene expression”, Molecular & Cellular Biology, Vol. 26, No. 20, 2006, pp. 7466-7478.
- Q.Zhu, U. Maitra, D. Johnston, M. Lozano, and J. P. Dudley, “The Homeodomain Protein CDP Regulates Mammary-Specific Gene Transcription and Tumorigenesis”, Molecular & Cellular Biology, Vol. 24, No. 11, 2004, pp. 4810-4823.