Biology majors and microbiology majors are eligible for consideration for the Honors Program in Biological Sciences after completing a minimum of 16 hours in biological sciences with a grade point average of 3.4 in biological sciences and 3.4 overall. Admission into the program requires the approval of the Honors Program Committee and acceptance of the student by primary advisers and co-advisers.
Requirements for the program include
- 4-8 hours of Honors Thesis Research
- an acceptable honors thesis
- attendance in Honors Seminar in Biological Sciences
- completion of the advanced portion of the Graduate Record Examination
- maintenance of a 3.4 GPA in biological sciences courses and a 3.4 overall GPA