- Graduate Student Handbook (.pdf) (.docx) (.html)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Handbook (.pdf) (.docx) (.html)
- Graduate Student Annual Evaluation Form
- External Funding Opportunities
- Fellowships and Awards
- Student Reimbursement Policy and Form (.pdf)
- Student Release for Field Trips (.pdf)
IMPORTANT: The Graduate School has changed the process for completing most forms. Please contact Kimberly Tsoukolas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Debbie Eads (email@example.com) for the submission of forms processed via DocuSign.
As of summer 2020 there are some important changes in the flow for processing most forms related to the graduate program. These include committee appointment and changes (except for Plan II MS and MA; see below), plan of study, candidacy, thesis and dissertation defense, and several other forms. These forms now need to be filled out by a department designee. Please contact Kimberly Tsoukolas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Debbie Eads (email@example.com) to initiate the process.
Forms that are now handled through DocuSign:
- Master’s Exam Form
- Master’s Capstone Project Form
- Thesis Final Defense Form
- Committee Acceptance Form for Electronic Thesis
- Outline of Ph.D. Program (Plan of Study)
- Outline of D.M.A. Program (Plan of Study)
- Admission to Candidacy for the Doctoral Degree
- Doctoral Qualifying Exam Form
- Doctoral Final Defense Form
- Committee Acceptance Form for Electronic Dissertation
Additional forms that are still handled by the department and do not use the DocuSign system:
Appointment/Change of Doctoral Dissertation or Master’s Thesis Committee:
- Go to the Graduate School website (graduate.ua.edu).
- Click on “Current Students” in the menu at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Graduate Academic Activities.”
- You will be directed to login with your MyBama credentials.
- This is where you will complete the form.
Below are links to all of the *old* forms. The following items have been depreciated but links are provided for your reference. Please do not use the forms below unless otherwise instructed.
- Add-drop form
- Change of program form
- Evaluation of graduate credit earned form
- Handbook waiver
- Room reservation request form
- Transfer of graduate credit form
- Appointment of M.A. committee form
- Committee acceptance form for electronic thesis
- Completion of M.A. requirements form
- Thesis final defense form
- Plan I – Appointment or change of M.S. thesis committee form
- Plan I – Committee acceptance form for electronic thesis form
- Plan I – Thesis final defense form
- Plan II – Appointment of committee form
- Plan II – Completion of requirements form
- Plan II – Completion form