Thank you for your interest in giving to the Department of Biological Sciences. The generous support and continued involvement of our alumni and friends allow us to do more in research, educate our students better, and more actively serve the local, state, national, and international biological sciences community.
Your gifts and support of our programs can add to and enhance what we are able to do. With your help we can
- award scholarships and supplemental support to outstanding students in order to bring the best national and international students to The University of Alabama and to improve their ability to accomplish world-class research
- enable students to attend academic conferences to present their research and enhance both their own research visibility and that of The University of Alabama
- bring in nationally and internationally renowned guest speakers for high quality public talks for the University and the community
No matter the amount, the support of our friends and alumni is important to us. Please consider making a gift to the Department of Biological Sciences today.
HOW TO GIVE
Giving is quick, easy, and secure: Visit the University’s secure online giving page, which is pre-filled for the Department of Biological Sciences Gift Fund. Donating to this fund helps us fund our most urgent needs.
Alternatively you can donate to one of our specific funds:
- Biology Department Gift Fund
- Bama Biology Bootcamp Scholarship
- Darden Lectureship
- J. Henry Walker Memorial Endowed Scholarship in Biology
- Marine Biology Gift Fund
- Nicholene Bishop Biology Fellowship Awards
- Nicholene Bishop Professorship of Biology
- Septima Smith Support Fund
- Wallace E. Holznagel Jr. Scholarship in Biology
If you are interested in providing a more formal donation or sponsorship, please contact the biological sciences department office.